Sunday 26 October 2014

Back in Granville Island

Today, my auntie Lisa and I went back to Granville Island. I really love this place, though maybe its because everytime we go i know i can go to Opus, a huge and actually amazing art store that serves Emily Carr University. 

We had some Tea from Granville Island Tea Company - very posh! And of course some cake. We visited some beautiful studioes, and gift shops. I did a little christmas shopping too. 

I was really excited that i saw some bags by 'bookhou' in a little paper shop. I have been following the work of Bookhou for a few years now, they make simple screenprints and print onto beautiful natural fibres, team them with leathers, waxed cottons and chunky metal zips, as well as leather straps and copper rivets. This company really inspired me to start screenprinting and are always on my facebook news feed, i would say they keep me grounded, their products are quite simple but they are very effective.
Anway - ive had this company on my radar for ages. They are from Toronto, Canada. And here they are, for the first time i was able to touch and feel the beauty of these products!! On little Granville Island! Exciting moment for a designer maker. 





Bookhou! Exciting :)




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird