Wednesday 22 October 2014

Tofino PJ Pants from Sewaholic Patterns

YAY! my 'Tofino pants' pattern finally arrived! The post here is crazy slow, im totally not used to it! But - its finally here. Sewaholic Patterns is run by Tasia, and its based in Burnaby, Right near Vancouver, about 20 miles from me down here in Tsawwassen.

I bought a branded tape measure also, cause im super shallow and love brands :D

I (nearly) always do a mock up pattern of a product im making - which is usually bags. for some reason, since ive been in canada, ive been into dressmaking. So far ive bought patterns for a lovely tilly &tb floaty top, these PJS, a dress, and a raincoat. Im on mockup stages on all of them, im too nervous to buy the real fabrics!

Anyway - i gotta make a mockup cause otherwise i ruin the proper fabric. every. time. Well - i have to know my sizing too, since im a funny shape. I went for a size 8 (i think this might be US sizing or maybe a made up range - im size 12-14 in the UK) and it fits perfectly, perhaps a little too big, and definately too long, but this can be fixed easy peasy.

Really happy with these PJs, the piped sections down the side are super awesome. I slept in these last night too, very comfy. Im going back to Fabricana in richmond, to get some super soft fabrics for the main pair! 
(the toile fabric is just cheap polycotton)

I hope i can make these as gifts for my friends and family. Everyone loves PJs! 




There we go - my mockup! If you want to make a pair of these super comfy lounge pants, you can visit the Sewaholic website, by clicking the link below. Had to post this image from her blog too, of all the patterns packed up!



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird