Tuesday 14 October 2014

Drawing with themes - underwater



This week I am back at my observational workplace - I have been lucky enough to be allowed to sit in the design studio of a local children's wear company here in Vancouver. I'm having fun watching all the technical aspects of being a designer as well as all the other teamwork around the office, including marketing, accounting, customer care, photography shoots etc! 

Today I was rolling with the theme 'underwater' - I was given a more broad nautical theme but I'm already working with a wave print, so I'm going under water :)

I'm told they don't like to use animals and creatures often used - like Owls, fairies, cats etc. So of course I did a bit of Pinterest research! Here are some of my drawing from today. 






I plan to use my new Adobe skills and create some placement motifs and also some repeat patterns, for my portfolio. It's very fun to follow someone else's brief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird