Wednesday 1 October 2014

A New Bag Idea

So recently ive been thinking about making another bag. All my products are purely in the ideas stage, even some ive made and tested really wont go any further, so im always churning out something new!

I did quite a bit of research is one day, mostly just inspiration, what do i want out of a bag, what is the market used to, which materials would be suitable etc. I came up with a few designs, all featuring diagonals, or 'chevrons' which is what i will refer to them as from now on. I had this theme throughout my degree pieces, all the foldovers and flaps were the same shape and the angles were the same, to just make the collection cohesive. So ive come up with some great chevron detailing on this new piece

The first one i made is huge. My aunty thinks its good huge, but i just think huge huge. I then made an 80% version, well i got as far as drawing it and realise it was WAY too tiny, really. So redraw a 90% version. its a good job im good at maths, and not easily confused by numbers!

So ive also made a 90% which i prefer. There are not yet handles on it.. I was creating them when i managed to seriously burn all up the side of my hand on the edge of my upstanding iron... so i was smothered in burns cream and bandaged up for the night!!

Here are some photographs of my progression :)

Once the pattern pieces have been cut! You can see how the base piece is going to be a different material

Sizing, working out where the handles should go according to placement of the bag on the body

Some adjustments and adding topstitching on the corners also

This is my second toile at 90% yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird