Friday 26 September 2014

The Quilted Bear, Ladner

My auntie told me about this lovely little fabric shop in Ladner, so we had to visit!
As you can see, the windows are beautifully dressed for Autumn, and there is a promotional offer on anything you but that is brown, orange or red. Fun!

And i was happy to see they stocked Amy Butler bag patterns, Kona Cotton solids and also peppered cottons, amazing!!! 

I bought some pellon interfacing and some calico, a boring purchase by anyones standards, but im planning some things to make and i want to make them in calico before i get over excited and end up making them out of expensive stuff!



I was also very excited to find out that there is some hand dyed felted squares in stock here, which are handmade locally. This was an important aspect of fabric shopping to me - im specifically looking for local handmade fabrics and fibres to include in any Vancouver collection of fabrics that i may design, and include in little products such as purses, just as i included tartan from the Royal Mile, in my Edinburgh collection this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment